This healthy banana almond smoothie is a delicious, creamy treat that does wonders for both mental and physical health. Nuts and flax seed are great sources of omega-3s, which may help effects of stress and anxiety
· 1 medium to large frozen banana (break your bananas into one-inch chunks before freezing)
· 1 heaping spoonful of almond butter (or peanut butter)
· 2 spoonfuls flax seed (grind in a clean coffee or spice grinder for best results)
· ½ cup almond milk, yogurt or regular milk (almond milk offers most calcium!)
· drizzle of honey, agave nectar or maple syrup - or try it without added sweetness
· tiny drop of almond extract (or vanilla extract, but the almond extract makes the smoothie taste almost like candy!)
1. Toss all the ingredients into a blender and blend until smooth.
2. Pour into a glass and enjoy.